They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back
Written by:
The_Loko
Score: 15
votes: 17
Format: Article

How to Get rid of the login keyring password

When we configure our account for login automatically, wheen booting we will be asked for our password for unlock the login keyring. If nobody else use your computer, this is useless, but it's really easy to remove:

First of all, we have to search for Passwords and Encryption Keys. Also you can open it from terminal:

seahorse

You have to go to Passwords Tab, and there you will se a folder: Passwords: login  

Right Click and then Change Password. Enter your old password, and leave blank the new password fields.

Now you can try rebooting, it shouldn't appear now!

----

Also, the login keyring ask for the password if you have changed your user password. Doing this can fix that, just in the new passsword fields enter your new password.

Tags: login keyring Gnome disable
Created: 2 years ago.
Last edited: 2 years ago.
Reviewed: 2 years ago.
Read 0 times.

Comments
3 months ago

Salva
Gnome keyring has never worked for me, not in Mint 13 and not in Mint 17. I've been asking how to make it work but never got an answer.

It never ask for a password with auto login enabled...

6 months ago

vnvleather
Tried your method and got this message.

Method "ChangeWithPrompt" with signature "o" on interface "org.gnome.keyring.InternalUnsupportedGuiltRiddenInterface"
doesn't exist

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

7 months ago

PeterStanworth
No ability to change password on 'Passwords' tab
Working with Linux Mint Maya
Help please?

10 months ago

prabhatjn
I found this answer better: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=118891#p686639  
1 year ago

grahama
sorry didnt work for me, password still required  
2 years ago

fmouse
On my installation here (12.04), the folder is called "Passwords: default"  
2 years ago

The_Loko
eamrnr Maybe when changing the password you put a wrong one. You can try this for change it: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LostPassword Also works on mint.

capt_coaldale Did you get any error message?

2 years ago

eamrnr
Installed Mint yesterday. Changed my password and now Mint doesn't recognize the old or the new password. Any idea what I can do?  
2 years ago

capt_coaldale
Didn't work for me. The password refuses to change.  
2 years ago

vivekgarg03
great...
much helpful for me...

2 years ago

Mintification
Thanks, a nice and simple fix.  

Other tutorials from The_Loko

No other tutorials.