linuxmint-19-Cinnamon-amd64-201805221258

clem
  6 years ago
Architecture: amd64
Type: Cinnamon
Comments
cpatrick08 6 years ago

I've installed another distro and don't want to install it.

clem 6 years ago

"choosing encrypt install and overrite empty space crashes installation and leaves drive with no os on it." --> this works fine here. Have a look at journalctl if faced with an installer crash. Also provide the stdout/stderr output for ubiquity.

clem 6 years ago

oh yes, we can simply make vlc-l10n a dep of mint-meta-codecs, we'll get that fixed.

clem 6 years ago

Hi guys,

Thanks for testing.

Java is dead from an OOTB point of view, we no longer ship with it.

Simple-scan is an upstream concern.

FF should be localized, it's not a conflict, it's a missing config key, I'll get that fixed.

We've always done our best for our users in regards to updates, that hasn't changed. What's changed is that we prepared for Timeshift and managed to provide a tool which works around regressions, and that allowed us to change a lot of things then. We'll probably also backport these changes to previous releases. Timeshift itself was already shipped retrospectively to all previous releases.

I'll have a look at VLC, I'm not sure we can automate this (especially if codecs aren't installed during the installation).

sibe 6 years ago

If i install Linux Mint in French, Firefox is in English (not in French!) but the package language fr is installed (firefox-locale-fr)

There may be an incompatibility between the firefox-locale+fr package and firefox in the linuxmint repository.

If i install VLC, the language package (vlc-l10n) is not automatically installed so it's also in English.

However, by manually installing the package, VLC is in French (unlike Firefox which is always in English)

Cinnamon and other sofware (Gimp, LibreOffice, Filezilla...) are in french

leigh123linux 6 years ago

@RavetcoFX The hibernate option only appears if you have an active swap partition.  

RavetcoFX 6 years ago

etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/com.ubuntu.enable-hibernate.pkla is present but hibernate does not apear in the Quit menu

RavetcoFX 6 years ago

Simple-Scan takes an abnormally long time to exit in the live session or on a new installation of the ISO - nothing shows up in the terminal or GDB

sibe 6 years ago

It's a good idea to have all the updates (including the linux kernel) by default.

(it was a bad thing on older versions (18.x, 17.x..)not to offer all updates by defaults.

RavetcoFX 6 years ago

#047: Online Plugins and File associations

- Java doesn't work (expected & intentional)

- "*.deb" files do no automatically associate with gdebi

cpatrick08 6 years ago

choosing encrypt install and overrite empty space crashes installation and leaves drive with no os on it.