Dvd95 is an gnome application to convert dvd9 to dvd5 (4.7gb).
* needs no additional packages - onboard version of vamps and
dvdauthor is used, to be as fast as possible.
* interface is pretty simple to use.
* shrinking factor may be computed for best results, or an adaptive
compression ratio method may be used.
* dvd can be converted to file tree or iso file.
result can be seen through xine, vlc, or mplayer.
burning is achived by third party software (k3b).
* dvd95 supports two copy modes:
- without menus, one video title set, multiple audio tracks and subtitles.
- with menus, one video title set, multiple audio tracks and subtitles.
* dvd95 support simples profiles to encode :
- avi (mpeg4 and x264) files using mencoder, mplayer.
- psp (mpeg4) files using ffmpeg.
this package ships a modified version of dvdauthor (adding new functions)