Thoggen is designed to be easy and straight-forward to use. it attempts to hide the complexity many other transcoding tools expose and tries to offer sensible defaults that work okay for most people most of the time. features:
* easy to use, with a nice graphical user interface (gui)
* supports title preview, picture cropping, and picture resizing.
* language selection for audio track (no subtitle support yet though)
* encodes into ogg/theora video
* can encode from local directory with video dvd files
* based on the gstreamer multimedia framework, which makes it fairly
easy to add additional encoding formats/codecs in future.