5 years ago
here is the tutorial for resetting your panel menu in Linux Mint
so what you all have to do are :
1) Open up your terminal (ctrl+alt+t)
2) Run the following command in the terminal:
gsettings reset-recursively org.cinnamon (THIS IS FOR CINNAMON)
gsettings reset-recursively org.mate.panel (THIS IS FOR MATE)
3) Hit Enter
4) Taraa!!! you should have your panel back to their default again.
- you may login out and login in again to get them work again, in some cases you need to reboot your system.
- tested and worked on my MATE Dekstop Environment.
Just works !
Thank you so much!
Or, just simply
Right Click Panel > troubleshoot > restore all settings to default
Gracias. Funcionó con Sylvia/Mate
✔ tested and worked on my CINNAMON Dekstop Environment (Sonya).
I don't why, the running applications bar had suddenly vanished from the dashboard. This command line worked at once, and like a charm.It was also for me an opportunity lo learn more about the gsettings command options. Very interesting... Thanks for sharing!
Does the panels get still corrupted nowadays ? ;-)