suspend - hibernate

wanda
  12 years ago

Sleep mode and pause mode.

Sleep and pause do not work properly, your computer becomes upset or even in a coma This is true for some hardware, and unfortunately .... there is no solution.                                                                                                               Turn off these two positions would rather, if your computer does not work: Applications - Tools - Terminal touch copy and paste, this is a line:    gksudo gedit /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.Policy

Press Enter.

Now open a text file Gedit little notebook. In that text file, you double the following line to the textbox for suspend and hibernate. allow_active> yes / allow_active> Change no to yes in both text blocks, because it appears twice! The rule becomes: allow_active> no / allow_active> Save the text file and close the little notebook. Restart your computer fully reboots.

Made Google trans.

Comments
gorade 12 years ago

A bit confusing this. It might be the Google trans? It seems to me that gksudo gedit /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.upower.Policy
should be: ...policy. with small p. Policy doesn't exist.

This is how it looks now 2011-12-10:

line22 no
line23 yes

line39 no
line40 yes

Now what should be changed? Both functions work for me some of the time or it freezes up all(coma?), so I have to reset. I can't figure out what determines the outcome, except luck.